With England and Wales now in new lockdowns, which have an impact across all areas we cover, Gaskells Waste is continuing to monitor all developments, along with keeping our essential service running for all our customers who rely on us.
You can be assured our staff and customers health and wellbeing are our utmost priority and we will continue to act on the advice and guidance issued by the Government and World Health Organisation.
In order to continue to provide essential waste collections we have these procedures in place, which were implemented ahead of the first lockdown in March last year, to reduce the risk to each of us.
- All non – essential meetings and site visits have been cancelled.
- Where possible, staff are working from home.
- Sanitising stations are in place across all our offices, with hand sanitiser, hand wash and clear signage.
- Delivery of goods and services is reduced to a minimum and interaction is limited to key individuals.
- All staff are fully aware of government guidance and continue to act in accordance with it.
- Essential meetings and calls are being held over Zoom and other similar ways.
Waste Collection Routes
- All our trade vehicles are fitted with wash basins and running water so staff can wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Our drivers stay with one vehicle and all vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis.
- On sites where a signature is required our team will sign the tablets, mobile phones or documents on our customers behalf, and this documentation will then be emailed to the customer.
- Our drivers will avoid all physical contact with you and your employees.
- We will not hand over tablets, mobile phones or documentation and will sign these on your behalf.
We’re also asking suppliers and contractors who work with us to do the following to protect our staff and theirs.
Waste Transfer Station
- Please do not knowingly send any of your employees or subcontractors to our site that have/are showing symptoms relating to COVID-19
- All drivers delivering waste to our facility must remain in their vehicle until they enter the tipping area, and then must stay with their vehicles at all times and maintain a distance of two metres from other pedestrians.
- All drivers must wear gloves on site. If your drivers do not have gloves we will provide disposable gloves and ask they bring them on their next visit.
- We are contacting all our customers for up to date email addresses so weighbridge tickets can be emailed through directly, instead of asking for drivers signatures to further reduce non-essential contact.
Our essential service will be continuing for those customers who rely on us, and we are also working with all customers who need changes to their service, as we all work through this new lockdown. If you aren’t satisfied with your current waste provider and want to look at changing to us, our team is on hand to provide contact free appointments, where they’ll give you expert advice, and also let you know how much money your business can save by switching to us.
Simply email us on email@example.com and one of our team will be in touch.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support, and whilst this isn’t the start any of us wanted to 2021, it is necessary. We’ve got through it before and we will do it again.