The rise in cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK has led to an increase of concerns around its effect on the workplace. The current advice is not to panic, but for employers to consider steps they can take to ensure they have everything in place should the situation escalate.
You can be assured our staff and customers health and wellbeing are our utmost priority and we will continue to act on the advice and guidance issued by the Government and World Health Organisation. It is also important our customers continue to receive the service they require during these uncertain times.
In order to continue to provide essential waste collections we have reviewed our current processes to incorporate the guidance that has been given to help reduce the risk to each of us.
• We have cancelled all non-essential meetings and site visits.
• Delivery of goods and services is reduced to a minimum and interaction is limited to key individuals.
• All staff are fully aware of government guidance and continue to act in accordance with it.
• We have the ability to work remotely should the risk warrant it in the coming weeks / months.
Waste Collection Routes
• All our trade vehicles are fitted with running water and wash basins so staff can wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
• All our drivers are issued with hand sanitiser gel and antibacterial wipes for cleaning their cabs. All vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis.
• We are going to disable the option to obtain signatures on the PDA’s our drivers use, a ticket will be emailed directly to the email address we have on file once the service has been completed.
• For all sites that require a signature our drivers will take the name of the signatory and enter it on to the tablet, this will be on the ticket that is emailed, again, this is to reduce non-essential contact.
We’re also asking suppliers and contractors who work with us to do the following to protect our staff and theirs.
Waste Transfer Station
• Do not knowingly send any of your employees or subcontractors to our site that have/are showing symptoms relating to COVID-19
• Do not knowingly send any of your employees or subcontractors to our site that have travelled recently to affected areas as listed on the Government website
• All drivers delivering waste to our facility must remain in their vehicle until they enter the tipping area, drivers must stay with their vehicle at all times and maintain a minimum distance of 1 meter from other pedestrians
• All drivers must wear gloves when on site, if your drivers do not have gloves, we will provide disposable gloves and ask that they bring them on their next visit
• We will be contacting all of our customers to obtain up to date email addresses so that weighbridge tickets can be emailed through directly instead of asking for drivers’ signatures to further reduce non-essential contact
If you require further clarification or have any questions with regards the changes outlined above or would like to provide specific email address / points of contact for the coming weeks please email us on email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support, and together we will get through this.
Thank you, from all the team at Gaskells Waste Services